« Home | U.S. concludes 'Cyber Storm' mock attacks against ... » | Why the Left is Right - Liberal Quotes » | 45 Million Us Christians want administration to st... » | Ted Strickland wants to hang out with you! » | Flesh Eating Bacteria in Cleveland? Testing for g... » | Noone told LA officials there was a terrorist plot... » | Zillow.com - Neat! » | Your children are not your children » | Bush buried detailed Social Security privatization... » | Interview with Retired CIA Agent Robert Baer of Sy... » 

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 

Its a long race and it is worth fighting

Many Hackett supporters (or in Tims case Brown-haters) are crying they are leaving the party. Boo hoo.

If you want change, work from within. You belittle Paul and his accomplishments when you make such rash statements. I liked Paul because he stood up for the party and worked to mold it into the party he wanted it to be. He (believe it or not) accomplished alot of that change - even if he didn't go as far as many, including myself, would have liked.

From Pauls letter:
It is with my deepest respect and humility that I thank each and every one of you for the support you extended to our campaign to take back America, and personally to me and my family. Together we made a difference. We changed the debate on the Iraq War, we inspired countless veterans to continue their service by running for office as Democrats and we made people believe again. We must continue to believe.

Remember, we must retool our party. We must do more than simply aspire to deliver greatness; we must have the commitment and will to fight for what is great about our party and our country; Peace, prosperity and the freedoms that define our democracy.

It doesn't sound like Hackett is leaving the Democratic party.

I can understand how people can be disappointed, but you can't change the world overnight - Slow and steady always wins the race and this is going to be a long one. I don't think this is the last we will hear of Paul Hackett. I am sure he will rejoin politics someday. In what role? - We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Tim is concerned - he is a contrarian and a slave to controversy. I am sure he is a nice guy but - I doubt he has helped the ODP since he received his last paycheck in 96 either. He writes more like a disgruntled employee than an informed political blogger. It's as if he can't wait "till the GOP is laughing all the way to the halls of power" just so he can be proved right. I guess that is called an inferiority complex but like I said - I've never met him and I am sure he is a nice guy - since so many of you worship him but - he's is just not my style. In fact, I think BrewedFreshDaily has declined in worth since he started writing more frequently. (maybe they get more page views from those wanting to watch the car crash but it is nothing more than rubbernecking) No, it is not his positions - I think many of the other blogs have similiar opinions but they don't bother me (in fact BSB is one of my favorites and I hope he continues even after todays disappointing news). I guess it is just his need to make himself the focus of the blogosphere, time and time again he seeks out controversy for the sake of controversy.

I just don't give two cents what Tim Russo is doing. I've been blogging for 1 month and the focus of the Ohio blogs has 2 or 3 times been - "whats up with Russo" or "did you hear about Russo?". Come on. How boring and unimportant is that? If you want your group and influence to grow, you are going to have to stop being one big clique with Russo as your "Heather". If it is frustrating for me, can you imagine a less committed casual reader trying to take you seriously?

I am not trying to upset people, I understand many of us are very emotional today but - I feel it had to be said and being the outsider it might be easier coming from me. Anyways, I will sink back into my mundane life, do my errands, finish my day and wait to be ostracized later. :-)


Tags:, ,

Not by me. As to Hackett, I wrote much the same thing at Ohio 2006 this morning -- Paul says to work to improve the party, that's part of what is so great about him, and that's what I plan to do. I expressed similar thoughts in a comment on BSB, in response to Pounder's call for messages to Paul.

The rage and pain out there today is huge. The comments on BSB, and on the ODP Blog in response to Redfern's bland statement on Hackett, are postively toxic. But we're in a life and death struggle, and the enemy is those people over there who hold all the elected offices. The thing we have to do with our frustration is to make our party better, not trash it and abandon it.

Hackett served in Iraq because of his sense of duty to his country, even though he opposed the war. I'm angry at our party leadership, but that doesn't mean I'm going to flee the fight or go over to the other side.

Cindy,

I agree with you on some points, but disagree on others. I don't know if Hackett's going to leave the race or not, I do know that at this point he says he's done with politics. I don't blame him.

I can see what you're saying about a lot of us seeming like we're whining about the whole Hackett/Fingerhut thing, but for a lot of people that was just the last straw. I'm sick of supporting a party, be it republican or democrat. They both screw you over in the end, the only difference is what they whisper in your ear while they're doing it.

I'm going independent for a few reasons, one of those being the whole senatorial debacle. Think of it as the straw that broke the camel's back.

As far as the blogger navel-gazing, I think that every blogging community does it. That doesn't make it right, it just makes it tiresome in every community.

Traffic seems to be constant, regardless of your disapproval about who's posting on my blog.

Post a Comment