« Home | Morning Round Up of Ohio Progressive Blogs » | Conservatives Bashing Bush » | Sherrod Brown on Joe Finan Show tomorrow (1350am) » | Law Dork hits the nail on the head » | Morning Round Up » | Bad News for DeWine » | Chomsky "Nuclear Exchange Inevitable" » | Morning Round Up » | An Energy Pearl Harbor? » | Morning Round Up » 

Thursday, March 09, 2006 

Bruce Willis wants US to spread freedom to Columbia

Okay, so not the most serious post, but - the stars have aligned and my Hollywood Gossip blogs and my Political Blogs have crossed. I wonder how tired Bruce was when he said this crap...
“The United States and everyone who cares about protecting the freedoms that the largest part of the free world now has should do whatever it takes to end terrorism in the world. And not just in the Middle East,” Willis said, according to one transcript of the conferences. “I’m talking also about going to Colombia and doing whatever it takes to end the cocaine trade. It’s killing this country. It’s killing all the countries that coke goes into.”
Thats the problem with "spreading freedom" where does it end? and terrorism is so loosely defined - is drug abuse terrorism? How about over-eating? I hate drugs and I have seen them take out some good people but I don't think we need to invade Columbia. I suspect someone he knows is being hurt by chemical dependency (hopefully not one of his children).

Tags:, ,

Or what about Africa? We never help save them from oppression.

The late shows on comedy central (Colbert & Daily) have been doing a good job of lampooning these wars on abstract causes.

Good post, glad I found your blog!

Post a Comment