« Home | Ohio Senate Updates » | Morning Round Up of Ohio Progressive Blogs » | Ohio loosens restrictions on concealed handguns » | Bruce Willis wants US to spread freedom to Columbi... » | Morning Round Up of Ohio Progressive Blogs » | Conservatives Bashing Bush » | Sherrod Brown on Joe Finan Show tomorrow (1350am) » | Law Dork hits the nail on the head » | Morning Round Up » | Bad News for DeWine » 

Saturday, March 11, 2006 

Look what I found

I have been playing with this Firefox plugin almost nonstop since I found it. (thanks M!) Maybe you have heard of it -StumbleUpon.
StumbleUpon is an intelligent browsing tool for sharing and discovering great websites. As you click Stumble!, you'll get high-quality pages matched to your personal preferences. These pages have been explicitly recommended (rated I like it) by friends and other SU members with similar interests. Rating these sites shares them with your friends and peers – you will automatically 'stumble upon' each others favorites sites...

In effect, StumbleUpon's members collectively share the best sites on the web. You can share any site by simply clicking I like it. This passes the page on to friends and like-minded people – letting them "stumble upon" all the great sites you discover.


I have really had a lot of fun using this - the web content so far, has been very high. I have searched under the tags: humor, politics, buddhism, activism, liberties/rights and bizzare/oddities. While bizarre/oddities has turned out to be too gross for me - the rest have been very good. I have gotten a lot of laughs as well as some decent information. I look forward to investigating other tags.

It is easy to use (just a button in your toolbar) and has a community feature that allows for interaction amongst other "stumblers" who like similiar sites. You can also add sites to thier database. (Of course, I added many of my favorite Ohio bloggers! )

It is also very easy to install. If you browse with Firefox (which I also highly recommend) you should try it out.

Here is a link to my StumbleUpon homepage - I guess, this is just a center for the user to keep track of all of the pages they have rated favorably and share them with friends. I am not sure what "suggested groups" means or a few of the other features - (I haven't had time to play around that much since I have been too busy surfing all of the new sites) But it seems fairly interactive and I suspect the community aspect could be cool although I haven't tried it out.

Often times websurfing can get monotonous, this plug-in really made it a lot more interesting tonight. Hopefully, other tags will be just as fun as these.

Anyways - check it out if you have time.

Tags:, ,