Morning Round Up
PeopleHaveThePower - Headlines tell the story: Petro and Blackwell tear each other apart in a nasty primary race while Strickland works on Turnaround Ohio his workforce development plan.
LiberalCommonSense - Tells Redfern "I want to hear what these candidates are actually going to do, not just idealistic plans but real plans with how they are not only going to do them but pay for them."
Turnaround Ohio is the Strickland/Fisher strategy to make sure we start that cycle of success here in Ohio, and here are its key components:
1. Provide every child a fair start through access to high-quality early care and education.
2. Create schools that work for every child by giving teachers the tools and technology they need to stimulate creative, problem-solving students to power Ohio's 21st century economy.
3. Dramatically increase the number of students in Ohio's colleges and universities by broadening access and ensuring that those who attend succeed and graduate with a degree that counts.
4. Focus on Ohio's strengths by building on Ohio's regional economies and globally competitive industries, spurring small and mid-size business growth, supporting emerging entrepreneurs in our cities, fostering innovation and unleashing the potential of Ohio's great universities and investing in next generation energy as a job source as well as a resource.
5. Provide all Ohioans the opportunities to attain skills for high-quality jobs.
6. Stabilize health costs for government and businesses alike and advance the health of our citizens by increasing the number of Ohioans who have access to affordable, high-quality healthcare, preventing illnesses and injury and focusing on community-based services for children, families, older adults and persons with disabilities.
7. Retain, create and attract jobs worthy of Ohio workers by focusing on industry sectors in which Ohio companies are growing, and which will spur our economy to generate wealth and prosperity for the future.
DispassionateLiberal - Academy Awards wrap up: Best, Bust and Quit yer whining.
OhioCitizenAction - Ohioans have the right to clean air.
PsychobillyDemocrat - Tales from the Wingnut Playbook: SD abortion ban and Christianity as the official religion of Missouri. (interesting read)
Cleveland AFL-CIO - Ohio Labor adds mobilization power
GrandpaBoy - Donate books to the New Orleans Library
The New Orleans Public Library is asking for any and all hardcover and paperback books for people of all ages in an effort to restock the shelves after Katrina. The staff will assess which titles will be designated for its collections. The rest will be distributed to destitute families or sold for library fundraising. Please send your books to:I know someone who has way to many books - maybe this will be a good home for all of those books he has "saved" :-)
New Orleans Public Library
219 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112
StubbornLiberal - If you are in Iraq the truth is not available. The censoring of liberal blogs by the military.
ClevelandHomeless - Frank Jackson tours shelters this week and the Homeless Grapevine Blog covers Sharon Reed.
Openers - StripBar fights back, New Diebold exec trying not to play politics
Blogesque - Only 3 more months until Hurricane Season '06
DailyKos - A blogger runs for office in CA -Denise Rushing (I always enjoy these "i'm going for it" diaries)
AmericaBlog - GOP panicked over port security
HuffPost - US intel boss spends 3 hours a day getting massages and smoking cigars
If I am missing your Ohio blog please feel free to email me at cindyREMOVE@urbancode.com. (Delete the word "remove" from the email address)
TAGS:[Ohio], [Blogs], [Strickland]