Morning Round Up of Ohio Progressive Blogs (Tuesday)
Local Candidates - Scandals and more...
- Debra Pryce was caught red handed - a diary highlighting the connection between the $100,000 that Representative Pryce received from big drug companies and her vote for the awful Medicare bill. More on this story at UAPA. While your at it check out her opponent Mary Jo Kilroy. Her website also has some interesting things to say about Debra Pryce and her inability to put her constituents ahead of the GOP/Bush Administration and it's ties in Bug Business
- Many bloggers commented on the recent Ohio Senate Poll by Rassmussen. PeopleHaveThePower calls the race "pretty much tied".
- Pho questions Betty Montgomery's Odd Legal Research. The fix is in!
- The uninformed voter run rampant in the Toledo County Commissioners race with Glass City Jungle noting that many in a recent poll believe they are voting for a dead man.
- Julian Rogers , who is running for Ohio’s Ninth House District State Representative, has a new Online ad up. Ohio 2006 pointed us to it at his weblog - which is always filled with all the latest candidate news!
- The always interesting Dem. AG Primary race was all over the blogs. LawDork noted that "Sen. Marc Dann raised three times as much in the pre-primary reporting period than his primary rival, Subodh Chandra." 3 times as much - that is a lot and they still have to go after Betty. PSD points out how silly the Plain Dealer claim that "Betty has already won the race" is.
- The Ohio 13th race was making news - Psychobilly Dem offered up an endorsement for Betty Sutton in Why We Heart Betty and Know Our ABCs. The Chief Source gave thier endorsement to Tom Sawyer. Both blogs gave compelling reasons to vote for thier candidate of choice. The Chief Source keeps it interesting though by also offering up who they think is The Fightin' 13th's Worst Democrat! Yikes! :-)
- Democratic Veteran wants us to wake up and spread the word that "Congress is going to hand the operation of the Internet over to AT&T, Verizon and Comcast" That's huge. He'd like all of us to help by blogging this subject, telling our friends and calling our congressmen.
- The New McCarthyism targeted CIA analyst Mary McCarthy partly because she donated to the John Kerry campaign and to the Ohio Democratic Party. Visit Dispassionate Liberal to find out more about the witchhunt.
- Liberal media bias is a joke! Don't I know it. And so does Andrew Warner who gives us another great read about the growing support to impeach President Bush on the state level and the medias refusual to even comment on this pretty dramatic move by Illinois and California.
- Ohio ranks in the top 5 states for job losses and Blogesque points out that "Neighborhood revitalization is pointless without jobs"
- Chief Source has a nice list of current Republican scandals in "A Mountain of Republican Problems" It is hard to keep track of everything - so this is a fun read plus these scandals seem to all be new for this week! :-) Wow!
- Health Savings Accounts are a scam. Every once in a while someone tries to sell these to our company and they are just a horrible idea for our employees and ourselves. Truth, for a Change, takes this issue head on in a diary titled "Another boondoggle for corporate America" He offers up a unique perspective and a lot of good information on Health Savings Accounts.
Well, that's a lot for today. If you have time and want something a little less political try AtheistMamas book review of "The Bible of the Good and Moral Atheist" or if thats not your thing - John at Working with Words has a short but interesting post on Prayer and Healing.
Now I'll leave you with a photo of my two year old and my big belly! Only two weeks left!
I'd like to let everyone know how much I appreciated all of the encouraging comments on the "Censorship at BSB" diary.
Thanks Everyone! Enjoy your day.
Tags:[ohio blogs], [debra pryce], [cleveland]