« Home | Morning Round Up of Ohio Progressive Blogs (Friday... » | Why the Left is Right - Liberal Quotes » | Morning Round Up of Ohio Progressive Blogs (Wednes... » | Partying & Politics for women's reproductive righ... » | T-shirt Humor » | Why the Left is Right - Liberal Quotes » | Konrad is home! » | This is the week » | Why the Left is Right - Liberal Quotes » | Anything but that! » 

Saturday, June 03, 2006 

Obama!

I am honored to be amoung the bloggers chosen to meet Sen. Barack Obama. The bloggers attending the ODP dinner all contribute outstanding progressive commentary to the Ohio blogosphere and I look forward to meeting them almost as much as Sen. Obama. I just wish more bloggers could join us.

The opportunity to meet Sen.Obama is by far the best thing that has come out of this little blogging hobby I have. Sen. Obama is an impressive man and I just hope I don't embarrass myself in front of him. (things that could go wrong: I could freeze up, laugh uncontrollably or spill something on his suit and let's not forget break a heel!)

Since being asked to attend I have found out a little bit more about Sen. Obama. Here is a great quote from him. What is extra neat about it is that I found it on a site for Moderates and Conservatives
From Sen. Barack Obama's forthcoming book The Audacity of Hope: Reclaiming the American Dream. Due out in October, the Senator writes that "Too often our political discussions focus on the things that divide us, but there are a lot of things we all have in common as Americans. On issues of faith, race, foreign policy or the economy, if we start with recognizing what we have in common, we can arrive at a politics that isn't as partisan and a little more productive.
I agree with that quote wholeheartedly and I look forward to an America where I can easily talk to my more conservative friends again without pulling out my hair or biting my tongue. It was easy before the dividing politics of the Bush administration perhaps it wil be easy again with Mr. Obama in a higher office? hmmm Well, regardless - the sentiment is very positive and can only help.

Jeff at Ohio2006 touches on this and Sen Obamas ability to "disagree without being disagreeable" at his blog.

So, I look forward to this event and I look forward to telling you all about it when I return! I'll get some photos and post as soon as possible.

As far as the controversy over bloggers recieving gifts - My husband and I have donated the price of the ticket to the ODP. I feel it is the least we could do since we would have paid for the ticket anyways. I did not donate out of journalistic integrity, I just did it because I thought it was the right thing to do.

Thanks everyone. See you soon.

Tags:, ,

Have a great time! Sen. Obama will make you feel right at home so don't worry about freezing up. Stay relaxed and stick to your notes, 5 minutes goes by real fast. They'll let you record, too, so bring a recording device of some sort.

Feel free to E-Mail me if you have any other questions.

Flash
Centrisity.com

http://centrisity.blogspot.com/2006/04/exclusive5-minutes-with-sen-barack.html

Just a suggestion to maybe edit the post, it makes you sound pretty gushy.

Otherwise I am real happy for you. Enjoy!

You deserve the honor and it sounds like you had a great time

I would love to have the honor!

Thanks for the link -

-americanmoderateparty.blogspot.com

Top quality of ecco shoes are developed for discerning customers.Enjoy a great selection of newest style.discount ecco shoes on sale,free

shipping,110% price guarantee.Top quality of ecco shoes is your best chooice

for daily life and working,sport,and so on.And hot sale now winter Boots

.fashion on the outside,warm on the inside.

Post a Comment